Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is a game day favorite! With melty cheeses, spicy buffalo sauce, and tender shredded chicken, this easy crockpot appetizer dip is both addictive and filling. It’s perfect for parties and potlucks!
Why We Love This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Game Day Favorite – This hot Buffalo Chicken Dip always goes fast. It has all the flavors of buffalo chicken wings in an easy dippable format.
- Easy To Make – Made in the slow cooker, this easy dip is practically hands-off. Just toss everything into your crockpot and turn it on!
- Only 6 Ingredients – Leftover chicken, cheese, and a few pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
How To Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Grab a 3 quart slow cooker. I recommend using smaller than 4 quarts or doubling the recipe in a larger one.
- Place the ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and set on the low setting for 1-2 hours.
- Stir the ingredients together and heat 30 minutes more if needed.
- Serve right in the crock pot, or transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onions. I recommend leaving it in the slow cooker on the low or warm setting to make serving a breeze.
You can serve the dip directly from the crock pot or transfer to a serving dish. Either way, I highly recommend you garnish with sliced green onions, blue cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave and give it a good stir before enjoying.
- Shredded Chicken – You can use a leftover rotisserie chicken or make some shredded chicken in the crockpot or Instant Pot or even canned chicken.
- Spice Level – Buffalo sauce is typically spicy, but you can use a mild (or even extra spicy Buffalo sauce) if you want to change the spice level.
- Blue Cheese – Not a fan? Leave it out! Feel free to substitute it with a cheese of your choice, like cheddar, jack, or mozzarella.
More Appetizer Dips
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dip mix (1 packet)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce like Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 cup freshly grated Cheddar-Jack cheese can also sub Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles (optional garnish)
- sliced green onions (optional garnish) optional, for garnish
- Carrot and celery sticks, tortilla chips, Fritos Scoops, or toasted baguette (crostini) for dipping
Prevent your screen from going dark
To a 3-quart slow cooker, add chicken, cubed cream cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, buffalo sauce, and cheese. Stir gently to combine.
Cover and heat on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 hours or until warmed through. Stir.
Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer to melt. If preferred you could sprinkle with more of the cheddar-jack cheese instead of the blue cheese.
Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with celery, carrots, toasted baguette, Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips.
Blue cheese is delicious with buffalo chicken, which could also be added or swapped for some of the cheddar-jack cheese.
Calories: 293kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 16gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1087mgPotassium: 192mgSugar: 2gVitamin A: 733IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 179mgIron: 1mg