Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl is one of the best ways to get your protein in for the day! It tastes like you are eating luscious ice cream, only it’s so much better for you!
Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are an incredible way to eat a smoothie. It makes it feel like a bowl of ice cream, except it’s not! It’s so much better. Full of healthy ingredients it is more of a meal than a snack. Smoothie bowls are customizable and insanely delicious! Topped with your favorite toppings and blended with your choice of add-ins, this peanut butter smoothie bowl is going to become a fast favorite in your house.
This peanut butter smoothie bowl are great for a quick breakfast, a mid-day snack, or even an after-workout meal. With summer coming this makes is a great way to keep your health goals but have a cold bowl of deliciousness. When I get an ice cream craving or when my kids want something sweet and cold, I whip up one of these special smoothie bowls and all are satisfied. If you have not tried one yet, the time is now!
What You Need For Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowls
With just 5 ingredients you will be scooping decadent peanut butter banana smoothie in no time. Peanut butter smoothie bowls are so easy to make, you will be creating your favorite smoothie bowls each day!
- Frozen Bananas: Using frozen creates that thick smoothie consistency.
- Peanut Butter: Rich and thick, this not only adds protein and flavor but texture too.
- Honey: Because you need a little bit of sweetness and honey and peanut butter just go together.
- Greek Yogurt: This helps add thickness, creaminess, and protein without the fat of ice cream.
- Milk: To thin as needed.
Let’s Whip Up a Peanut Butter Smoothie!
Literally so simple and easy! Your children will be able to make this peanut butter smoothie bowl with you!
- Blend It: In a blender add the bananas, peanut butter, honey, greek yogurt, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Top it: Place smoothie in a bowl and top with desired toppings.
Tips for your Smoothie Bowl
With a smoothie bowl, there is not much that can go wrong. Create your delicious master piece with this smoothie bowl recipe!
- Keep it Healthy: The wonderful thing about smoothie bowls is that they can be good for you. But if you load them down with extra sugars and fats they can be a calorie nightmare. Keep it simple, measure it out, and enjoy!
- Blender: Having a good quality blender will make a huge difference in the consistency of your smoothie. Make sure your blender can handle the thickness of it. If you have an older blender or one that is not very powerful, no worries. Your smoothie may not have the same consistency but it will still be indulgent tasting.
- Add Milk for Consistency: You want your smoothie bowl to be thick, like soft ice cream. You should need a spoon to eat it with. Add the milk slowly so you can control how thick or thin your peanut butter smoothie ends up.
- Freeze your Bananas: Use frozen bananas for flavor, texture and to help create a cold smoothie. Peel overripe bananas and place them in a freezer-safe bag. They will keep for up to 2 months.
- Leave the Ice Out: Ice will add water, and water will make it runny and watery instead of thick and smooth.
Topping Ideas and Variations for Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
One of the best things about smoothie bowls is how customizable they are. That is why you are going to love this peanut butter bowl! You can start by adding in mix ins.
- Protein Powder: Use vanilla flavored, peanut butter, or chocolate-flavored protein powders.
- Cocoa Powder (Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in Heaven)
- Berries or Apples: It will taste like peanut butter and jam smoothie!
- Flaxseed Meal: Adds fiber and thickens the bowl as well.
- Substitute out the milk for coconut milk or Almond milk.
- Add in some greens. Spinach adds iron and nutrients without adding flavor. It will change the color, however.
Then finish with the toppings, which are endless with possibilities! Create the best peanut butter smoothie bowl just the way you like it!
- Chocolate Granola
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Sliced Almonds
- Coconut Flakes
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Sliced bananas
Calories268kcal (13%)Carbohydrates36g (12%)Protein9g (18%)Fat12g (18%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Cholesterol4mg (1%)Sodium118mg (5%)Potassium603mg (17%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar22g (24%)Vitamin A122IU (2%)Vitamin C10mg (12%)Calcium63mg (6%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.