You’ll score big with this game day winner! Creamy Hot Corn Dip is golden perfection – a smooth cream cheese base, with sweet corn and bubbly cheese on top. It’s always a fan favorite with crisp, fresh veggies or crunchy chips.
We’re big fans of dips. But we’re even bigger fans of when some of our favorite things to eat show up in dip form.
Lobster roll? There’s a dip for that. Chicken wings? There’s a dip for that. Dessert dips? That’s a thing! We’ve even seen Muffuletta Dip. Who dat? Oh, you know, just a spreadable version of one of the greatest sandwiches ever invented. Genius!
So imagine if TWO of your favorite dishes merged into one dip. Imagine if, say, velvety corn chowder and cheesy cornbread decided to have a yummy little dip baby… you’d be down for that, right?
For a condensed post with just the ingredients and step-by-step recipe instructions, click here to view the web story for this recipe!
Hot corn dip with mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese is a down home hit. One bite and you’re definitely going to wonder which great aunt’s house or country style restaurant you’ve had cheesy corn dip at before. (Hint: probably both.)
And before you even ask, yeah, this hot corn dip recipe is “adaptable.” If by adaptable you mean can you put other tasty stuff in it to make it even tastier depending on your mood.
Want it smoky? Hot corn dip with bacon. Want it spicy? Hot corn dip with jalapeno peppers. Want it tangy? Hot corn dip with Frank’s Hot Sauce. (Not for nothing, they do say you can put that sh!t on everything.)
How to Make Hot Corn Dip
For a dip so decadent, Hot Corn Dip with cream cheese and cheddar is a surprisingly simple. You’ve probably got everything you need at home already, and you don’t even have to wait for summer for fresh corn. (Though definitely give it a whirl when the season rolls around.) Creamy, cheesy corn dip is an absolute party people pleaser!
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth. Add seasonings and beat 10 seconds more until well combined.
- Fold in the corn, ½ c cheddar cheese, and ½ c monterey cheese.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the dip.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more, until bubbling and slightly browned.
- Garnish with chives and serve with tortilla chips and sliced veggies.
- Thoroughly drain and dry the frozen corn after it thaws to avoid moisture release during baking.
- Allow the cream cheese to come up to room temperature first for a smoother blend with no lumps in your creamy corn dip. About 30 minutes on the counter should do the trick, or slice the cream cheese into quarters and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Hot Corn Dip is pretty soft and smooth – serve with crunchy snacks like chips, crostini, or sliced raw veggies to balance the texture.
What shredded cheeses can I use in Hot Corn Dip?
As long as you balance a sharper cheese with a milder one – and as long as both are made for melting – you’re in safe territory.
If you’re a strict fan of cheddar, try mixing ½ cup each of mild, medium, and sharp cheddar, then using 1 cup in the dish, and sprinkle the other ½ cup of cheddar blend over top of this creamy corn dip.
Can I layer other flavors in hot corn dip?
Absolutely! But since consistency is key here, you don’t want to add anything that will impact texture during the bake. Mix in, or sprinkle on top:
- Bacon: cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Jalapeno: fresh and finely diced; seeded according to taste.
- Bell pepper: fresh and finely chopped; red or green. OR, swap fresh bell pepper slices for tortilla chips!
- Green Onions
- Buffalo style: lightly drizzle Buffalo sauce (or even just Frank’s) on top before adding the remaining shredded cheese.
More Delicious Dip Recipes
Did you make this Hot Corn Dip?!? We want to hear all about it! Leave a comment below, or share a photo and tag us on Instagram using @thesnackblog and #thesnackblog.
Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
For a recipe so decadent, Hot Corn Dip is a surprisingly simple. You’ve probably got everything you need at home already, and you don’t even have to wait for summer for fresh corn. (Though definitely give it a whirl when the season rolls around.) Creamy, cheesy corn dip is an absolute party people pleaser!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 c frozen corn, thawed and dried
- ¾ c sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ c monterey jack cheese
- minced chives, for garnish, optional
Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until until smooth. Add the paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and beat 10 second more, or until well combined.
Fold in the corn, ½ c cheddar cheese, and ½ c monterey cheese.
Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the dip.
Cover with foil and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more, until bubbling and slightly browned.
Garnish with chives and serve with your favorite dippers, like tortilla chips and sliced raw vegetables.
Calories: 191kcal (10%) | Carbohydrates: 8g (3%) | Protein: 5g (10%) | Fat: 16g (25%) | Saturated Fat: 8g (50%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 34mg (11%) | Sodium: 269mg (12%) | Potassium: 55mg (2%) | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3g (3%) | Vitamin A: 63IU (1%) | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 28mg (3%) | Iron: 0mg