BBQ Chicken Nachos are baked on a sheet pan in the oven in no time and they’re perfect for serving a crowd! Make game day more delicious when you serve crunchy chips topped with barbecue chicken, smoked gouda, black beans and more.
What’s in this BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe?
Tortilla chips are topped with BBQ chicken, corn, black beans, smoked gouda and more. They’ll disappear quickly, so consider making a double batch!
- Tortilla Chips: I like to use a hearty chip to make sure they hold up under all the nacho ingredients.
- Chicken: Use shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken, or shred up some leftover chicken breasts.
- Barbecue Sauce: Use your favorite BBQ sauce–tangy, smokey, spicy, sweet, whatever you prefer.
- Red Onion: Red onion has a bite that pairs well with BBQ.
- Black Beans: If using canned black beans, remember to drain them thoroughly–we don’t want any extra liquid.
- Corn: You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn.
- Cheese: My favorite cheese to use here is smoked gouda, but you can use mozzarella or cheddar if preferred.
- Cilantro: The best garnish, but skip if you don’t like it.
Pro Tip: You can use a spicy BBQ sauce to turn up the heat!
Can I make these nachos spicy?
Sure thing! Besides using a spicy BBQ sauce, you can also top off these chicken nachos with fresh jalapeños to spice things up. Serve with your favorite hot sauce if you’re a real heat lover!
It’s an easy way to evenly layer all of the toppings so that every bite is loaded with flavor. The nachos and the toppings will cook more evenly too, to ensure that all of that cheese is beautifully melted and gooey!
These nachos only need about 10-15 minutes in the oven to warm up and allow the cheese to fully melt. You don’t want them to burn!
Let them cool for just a minute or so once they’re out of the oven, then dig in! Nachos get soggy with all those ingredients sitting on top of chips, so serve them fresh.
How to Store and Reheat
These BBQ chicken nachos are best eaten warm and straight out of the oven. You can make the BBQ chicken ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge for a couple of days. You don’t want to build the dish too far ahead of time or as you can risk the nachos getting soggy.
However, if you do have leftovers, they can be kept covered in the fridge and reheated in the oven the next day.
How to Serve BBQ Chicken Nachos
Don’t forget to top off your nachos with cilantro, sliced jalapeños, ranch dressing or whatever else your heart desires!
BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe
These BBQ Chicken Nachos are the perfect appetizer for game day! Baked in the oven on a sheet pan, they are quick to make and perfect for serving a crowd.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total Time : 20 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce in a bowl.
2 cups cooked chicken, 3/4 cup barbecue sauce plus more for topping
Create a base layer of chips on a baking sheet.
1 large bag of tortilla chips
Layer on the chicken, onion, black beans, corn, and cheese.
1/3 cup chopped red onion, 1 1/2 cups black beans, 1 1/2 cups corn, 2 cups shredded smoked gouda
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Finish topping the nachos with cilantro and chopped jalapeño peppers. Drizzle ranch dressing and extra barbecue sauce over the top.
1/2 cup cilantro, Ranch dressing, Chopped jalapeno peppers
BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g69%
Vitamin A 534IU11%
Vitamin C 7mg8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
More BBQ Chicken Recipes We Love