Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a delightful combination of tender chicken, crispy bacon, and al dente pasta, tossed in a creamy ranch dressing. This flavorful salad is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for picnics, potlucks, or a satisfying lunch.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Cool and Refreshing – Pasta salad just screams summer! It’s the perfect dinner on a hot summer day with very little cooking required, and no need to turn on the oven.
- Versatile – You can use any kind of chicken you like, from Poached Chicken to rotisserie, and even chicken strips! Same goes for the veggies; stick with the peas and tomatoes, or things like cucumbers, olives, carrots, or avocado.
- Family Friendly – Chicken+Bacon+Ranch is definitely a popular flavor combo with kids and adults alike! I use that combo in lots of recipes, like Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders and Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Sandwiches.
Make Ahead and Storage
You can combine the salad ingredients without the dressing up to a day in advance. However, if you plan to use breaded chicken strips, save those for adding the day of to preserve the texture.
The dressing can also be prepped a day in advance and stored separately. Dress the salad no more than a couple of hours before serving.
Store leftovers in a covered container for up to 3-4 days. The pasta may absorb some of the dressing, so add a couple of tablespoons of Ranch to rehydrate when serving leftovers.
- Reserve some bacon crumbles – or make extra – to garnish the salad. Chives also make a nice garnish.
- Rinse the pasta to remove the excess starch or cool quickly.
- Optional, but delicious – chop and add some fresh herbs like dill or parsley.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
Cook the pasta to al dente and allow to cool. Add chicken, bacon, peas and tomatoes and toss to combine.
Combine Ranch dressing, sour cream and mayonnaise into a small bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir until combined.
Pour dressing mixture over pasta mixture and gently stir to coat.
Top with bacon crumbles for garnish, if desired.
* There is no right or wrong when it comes to the chicken. Use crispy chicken strips, boiled chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken or whatever you happen to have on hand.* Cheese makes a great addition to this pasta salad – we like cheddar or blue cheese.
Calories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 18gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 400mgPotassium: 326mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 241IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
For more delicious pasta salads, be sure to check these out: