Crack Chicken Dip is an easy and cheesy warm dip, loaded with shredded chicken, bacon and ranch dip. It’s an utterly addictive party or game day snack!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip
This crack chicken dip recipe is always the first one to be gobbled up at parties! It’s oven baked so it comes out warm and bubbly, and it’s perfect for scooping up with your chip or crudité of choice!
Why You’ll Love this Warm Crack Chicken Dip:
- Cheesy: Made with melty cheddar and Colby Jack cheese.
- Creamy: The dip is made beautifully creamy with cream cheese and sour cream.
- Savory: Bacon, shredded chicken and ranch is the perfect savory trifecta!
If you have a love of dips (who doesn’t?) then you have to try this easy and delicious crack chicken dip!
How to Make Crack Chicken Dip
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a large bowl, add in your cream, ranch and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Fold in the rest of your ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepped baking dish and bake.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!
Crack chicken dip is a warm dip consisting of chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, bacon, and shredded cheese.
Contrary to popular belief, “crack” actually refers to the flavor combination of cheese, ranch seasoning, and bacon in a dish, not the addictive quality of the dish– although this is certainly addictive!
I like to use rotisserie chicken because it saves so much time and effort, but you could also use shredded chicken breasts or thighs.
Yes, you can! Add all of the ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours. Garnish with bacon crumbles and green onions before serving.
Yes, this bacon, ranch, and cheese chicken dip is naturally keto-friendly!
Savory, gooey and loaded with flavor, it’s the ultimate hot party dip!
Make Ahead Instructions
This dip is great to make 1 day in advance. Follow the recipe through step 4, then refrigerate the dip until you’re ready to bake it. Add about 5 minutes to the baking time if baking from cold.
Allow the dip to cool to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the dip in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
Freezing crack chicken dip may alter the texture of the dip, but it will still be safe to eat. Freeze the dip in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Allow the dip to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Chicken Dip Variations
- Cheese: I use Colby Jack and cheddar, but you can use any combination of cheeses you like!
- Bacon: To save time, you can use pre-made, store-bought bacon crumbles
- Sour Cream: You can substitute an equal amount of mayonnaise in place of the sour cream, or use an equivalent amount of ranch dressing and omit the ranch seasoning.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken Dip
Serve warm chicken dip with tortilla chips, crackers, crostini, or celery and carrot sticks!
Crack chicken dip delivers pure joy in every bite! Warm, cheesy, creamy and savory, it ticks all the dip boxes. So easy to make, it’s great for game day, movie night, holidays, or whenever you crave a delicious dip!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crack Chicken Dip Recipe
Crack Chicken Dip is an easy cheesy warm dip, loaded with shredded chicken, bacon and ranch dip – an utterly addictive party or game day snack!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total Time : 40 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the inside of a 1-quart oven-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream and ranch seasoning, mixing well.
8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 1 ounce Ranch dressing mix
Use a rubber spatula to fold in the bacon and green onions, reserving about ¼ cup of each for the top.
8 slices thick-cut bacon, 3 green onions
Fold in 1½ cups of cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the Colby Jack cheese, followed by the shredded chicken.
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese, 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
Carefully remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining cheeses and bacon, then bake (or broil on low) for another 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top with the remaining green onions. Serve immediately with your favorite dippers.
- I use Colby Jack and cheddar cheese, but you can use any combination of cheeses you like!
- To save time, you can use pre-made, store-bought bacon crumbles
- You can substitute an equal amount of mayonnaise in place of the sour cream, or use an equivalent amount of ranch dressing and omit the ranch seasoning.
- Serve crack chicken dip with tortilla chips, crackers, crostini, or celery and carrot sticks!
Storage: Store crack chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Crack Chicken Dip Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 18g113%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Vitamin A 864IU17%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.